Sunday, June 7, 2009

Me

<-----Yes, that's me, cheating on Jackson with Rob at the dvd release party I went to.

Well, if you already know me, then you know I'm shamelessly obsessed over Twilight and even more obsessed over Twilight Fanfiction.

It started when my sales partner decided to gift me the first book for my birthday last October. That was all it took; within a week I had all four books read and started with book one again! I was so obsessed, I couldn't get enough, and I was embarassed that I was a 34 year old mom pining over a young adult book series. It was like my dirty little secret.

After finishing the books a second time, I needed more, so I searched SM's website for her outtakes. On her website she mentioned fanfiction and I thought, what the hell is that and where do I find it, so I popped up my ever present friend, google, and searched for fanfiction. The first link I clicked on wasTwilighted.net and was I ever happy to find that there were women my age, just as obsessed as me and who happend to share my dirty mind. My first journey into the world of fanfic was a little story called Die to Self which was an *ahem* alternate Honeymoon scene for Breaking Dawn. Talk about jaw drop.

Two months ago, my best friend Joanna called me up screaming...she had just finished reading Twilight and she was completely and totally overtaken by Obessive Cullen Disorder. It was the first book she ever finished all the way through and within a week, like me, she finished all four. I was so excited she finally caught up to me and we've spent many a night racking up large phone bills (she lives in Canada, me in California) squealing over Jackson and Rob like twelve year olds since.
One day at work she called me up to tell me she heard about TwiCon and she was practically in tears that she couldn't go. So me, being the spontaneous person I am, jumped online and bought us both tickets. YAY!
Not only am I going to TwiCon and will to see most of the actors from Twilight, but I also will have an oppotunity to meet some of the great ladies I've met in the forums, including Mel (my TwiTwin) who will be staying with me & Joanna.
I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment